Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Opa!


One of the great things about being at a college downtown is the ease with which you can get places.  I mean... once you get the hang of jaywalking, the sky's the limit.



Anyway.  A friend and I headed to the Atlanta Greek Festival Saturday.  Pretty awesome.  Some dancers came out, from little kids to pro-level people, and did some of the traditional Greek dances from different regions of Greece.  The pro-group even did a more modern Greek dance. And the music was great - the same sort of stuff as you still hear playing in cafés in Greece today.



The main attractions of the festival were some self-tours and lectures in the Greek Orthodox church.




There was also this massive, really cool Greek map in the church, and I just had to take a close up of Athens. What can I say? Athena always was my fave Greek goddess.




p.s. - obligatory Pete pic :D

No comments:

Post a Comment